The Dietetic Aide is responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to the food preparation, distribution, storage, cleaning and sanitizing, and maintenance of all areas pertaining to Food Services, and performs other related functions. The Dietetic Aide demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Food Services
Starting Date: March 14, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.340 FTE – part-time – days, currently 07:00 – 14:00
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: February 9, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 11;
- Dietetic Aide Certificate or willing to take the course;
- Valid Food Handling certificate;
- Experience in food service, preferably in a health care setting;
- Experience with cleaning chemicals an asset;
- Experience with the operation and cleaning of food preparation equipment and scales; and
- Experience with the operations of cash register for cafeteria functions.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Ability to work in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment;
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers;
- Ability to organize and establish priorities regarding workload;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job (eg. strength to lift heavy loads/items);
- Possess good interpersonal skills to work with residents and staff;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Food sanitation and safety;
- Quantity food preparation;
- Mathematics and metric system for recipe calculations and portioning;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.