The Dietetic Aide is responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to the food preparation, distribution, storage, cleaning and sanitizing, and maintenance of all areas pertaining to Food Services, and performs other related functions. The Dietetic Aide demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Food Services
Starting Date: September 2, 2018 or earlier per operational requirements
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.41 FTE – part-time – indefinite term – evenings, currently hours vary between 06:45 and 19:00
Pay Scale: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Specifications: Indefinite term ending upon 24 hours’ notice. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: June 19, 2018
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 11;
- Dietetic Aide Certificate or willing to take the course;
- Valid Food Handling certificate;
- Experience in food service, preferably in a health care setting;
- Experience with cleaning chemicals an asset;
- Experience with the operation and cleaning of food preparation equipment and scales; and
- Experience with the operations of cash register for cafeteria functions.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in English is required;
- Ability to work in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment;
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers;
- Ability to organize and establish priorities regarding workload;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job (eg. strength to lift heavy loads/items);
- Possess good interpersonal skills to work with residents and staff;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Food sanitation and safety;
- Quantity food preparation;
- Mathematics and metric system for recipe calculations and portioning;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.
All staff are hired for the facility.