The ADP Recreation Worker is responsible for the supervision of clients, assisting with their personal care and implementation of activities program, as well as assists in maintenance of the ADP environment. Emphasis will be placed on maintaining/improving the social, mental, emotional and physical functioning of individual participants at their optimum level. The ADP Recreation Worker demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Care and Service
Starting Date: July 21, 2019
Shift and Hours of Work: Casual positions – days and evenings
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: June 25, 2019
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- Valid Food Handling Certificate;
- Past experience in facilitating recreation activities is an asset;
- Experience in long term care and/or with disabled individuals is an asset; and
- Experience with the use of personal computers in a Windows environment.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the jobs;
- Ability to deliver programming independently or as a team member;
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to have meaningful engagement with older adults;
- Ability to perform various physical tasks as assigned (e.g. empty dishwasher, serve food, perform light cleaning duties, rearrange tables and chairs, etc);
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.